Telehealth is now available to everyone with a valid Medicare card.
How do I book an appointment?
You can book an appointment like you generally do, either through health engine (please remark that you would like a call back) or by calling directly to our reception at (08) 9563 1480.
Preparing for your appointment
At the time of your appointment you will receive a link on your phone like below;
The doctor has requested a video call with you and will be here shortly.
To proceed with the call, please stay on this web page, and accept the prompts requesting access to your camera and microphone.’
What does it cost?
- There is no cost, the consultations are completely bulk billed.
- Telehealth will use some of your download internet capacity.
What if I prefer face-to-face consultation?
Telehealth can be part of your care plan, but only if you want it to be. We are always here for you and can see your face to face as long as you are not required to self-isolate.
What equipment do I require?
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A suitable device with a camera, microphone and speakers
- A private comfortable area
- If you do not have access to this equipment, you may also attend the surgery
How secure and private is telehealth?
The service is completely secure and confidential, and your information is kept private.
What if I am not familiar with technology?
No problem! We can try and help you by walking you through the steps.
Want to know more?
Call our friendly receptionist at Butler Family Practice on (08) 9563 1480 to discuss.